Thursday, October 9, 2014

A New Kind of Story

I've been working on something different. It's a love story of sorts, but not in the traditional way, and I'm really enjoying the departure.  It's beautiful and painful and very slow going.  Anyway, that's why I've been so quiet. I am completely lost in a world of mysteries and lost love and redemption.

I'm not ready to share yet, and about this story, I may not share until it's ready to come out in print.  But I promise lots of juicy tidbits from my other romance pieces soon. For now, I will just leave you with this quote, by Margaret Atwood.  She said exactly what I want to say.

“When you are in the middle of a story it isn't a story at all, but only a confusion; a dark roaring, a blindness, a wreckage of shattered glass and splintered wood; like a house in a whirlwind, or else a boat crushed by the icebergs or swept over the rapids, and all aboard powerless to stop it. It's only afterwards that it becomes anything like a story at all. When you are telling it, to yourself or to someone else.”


― Margaret AtwoodAlias Grace

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment