Sunday, October 12, 2014

How I Write

Here is a glimpse into my writing life. For the most part, I write late at night. A cup of tea, some music, and my laptop. I like to make a playlist using google play (which is awesome!) when I get an idea. Then I make a "sort-of" outline, including character sketches with pictures (I love this part.  Channing Tatum may or may not be a character inspiration for a character in the new book I'm writing. Eye candy!).  I use Scrivener for this. It's a wonderful program. Other times I like to write in the morning at a coffee shop. I generally write about 2000 words in a sitting, and try to average that per day. I like to read passages aloud as I edit on hardcopy, but sometimes I do it on screen.
I get my ideas mostly when I am getting ready to go to sleep, so I keep a notebook to write down everything.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love reading all of the different ways authors come up with ideas and outline.
    I'm great at coming up with a concept for a story or character, but I struggle with getting from point A to point B.

    P.S. I also love Scrivener :)

    ReplyDelete